Purple Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
was just pondering all the freshwater fish i've seen in my lifetime and their colours, and i was trying to think have i ever seen any purple coloured fish, is there any? i've seen fish with shades of purple in them for instance betta's but never seen a fully purple fish, anybody out there know of any, would be interested to find out :)

Peacock Gobies are purple, with yellow blue and red accents

Ive seen some fully purple fish in one of my LFS which i didnt go to since 2006 but i remember them saying its warm water

Female peacock goby
P729035820feesh.jpg

P7290353.jpg

Purple emperor tetra and lilac rams are both a very delicate purple colouration, but both very lovely :good:

they look rather cool crossfire :), hmm well i hadnt heard of a purple fish until now :') now your all letting me in on what you know :) thanks.

I had a dream a few months back that I went to a tropical fish shop with all these amazing 'marine colour quality' fish, and there was a purple one there. Disappointed when I woke up realising I couldn't actually buy it, hahaha. Purple tang? But that's marine, and even by those price standards, very expensive (£120ish).

And of course a Royal Gramma, around £80 for a fish that doesn't tend to grow more than 2-3". Yes, marine too sadly.

its crazy how pricey some marine fish are, then again i have seen some quite high priced freshwater fish too :)

Tell me about it, I have a Discus tank haha. I'll own marine eventually, just need to save some serious money up

id love to try discus, whenever i visit a fish store and i just look at them and think, im going to take you all home with me! obviously i cant cus i dont have a big enough tank or the right set up, im still trying to perfect my fish keeping and maintenence anyway without anything going wrong for once, maybe in the future, id love a tank just for discus or altum angels :)

Crossfire, she's looking very full of eggs there - you got her boyfriend?

Kyle, they are quite difficult to obtain, but such lovely fish to own. I spend hours (well, nearly) watching my male constantly flaring at his lady, they are peaceful, they relatively easy to get to spawn, although keeping the fry is harder, and ideal for even the smallest tanks, because you don't need a shoal - a single is fine, a pair is best.

There are also some purple killifish available, I believe.

She naturally looks rotund...if peacock gobies lose their round bellies it means they are sick.

She had a boyfriend, until he rage murdered her....:mad:

If your going to get the goboes, I recommend getting two females for the male......

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back