Purchased a male bristlenose

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Pretty much as topic, I was quite suprised when I heard the price - £20 , this was for just a regular male bristlenose, is this regular price as I know the female I've got only cost about 3 I think, but that was in belfast and the prices may be more in London I guess, he's also a bit bigger than the female but I've turned the lights off in the community tank chucked in some algae pellets, put a bit of pipe in and am hoping for the bset :thumbs: :) ;)

This is a little expencive! I've seen them £3-£15

They must have seen you coming with your fat wallet. :p

I'm sure you know, but they love cucumber and algae wafers (well mine does)

Yep, well I've had my female for about 10 months now :) She gets cucumber about once a week and every day a couple of the sinking catfish pellets :thumbs:

Are they the same species of Bristlenose, William!?

There are quite a few known Ancistrus species out there m8, check out planet catfish cat-e-log, Loricariidae, Ancistrus sp. Pick a species and then click display all thumbnails of Ancistrus.
see how you get on.... :)

Hey Gibbo, do u know which exact species I have? :thumbs:

Ancistrus Triradiatus I think stix. They're definately the same species though, no crossbreeds to worry about (wether they can or not is unknown). :)

lost count but there are over 60 different species of ancistrus apparently :hyper:

Most reactions

Back