Puppy Had Parvo! Need Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If the parvo test comes back negative, have the pup checked for coccidea. It can cause very similar symptoms.

Gizaroo2 said:
If the parvo test comes back negative, have the pup checked for coccidea. It can cause very similar symptoms.
Thank you I will look into it and tell my mother, But good news she is playing and wagging her tail and starting to see progress. But I told my mother not to stop the treatment. My cousin who is the vet tech told me that this type of treatment could last 3 weeks, As oppose to the vet treatment it would last 3 days. There is still a fighting chance. Thank you every one who has chimed in and given me advice. 

so glad to hear she is playing and wagging her tail :)
a thought did occur to me on waking this morn, about her jags and the parvo test. your jags must be different from ours as we only give a pup 2 jags and then one a year after that but you said you give 4 to a pup, 2 things spring to mind, first is (over here) if the dog has sickness and or diahreoa soon after the jag it cancel that jag out, secondly, if the dog has been recently jagged against parvo it may show a positive reading in the blood test even if that is not what is making the dog ill, as most vaccines are actually a small dose of the virus etc.
your cousin will be able to advise you better on these things, you are so lucky to have a vet tech on hand :)
please keep us updated on this? things like when she's had her blood tane for the test, how long the results will take to come back, if they release her again after taking the blood.
if she is playing and wagging her tail then she is either very strong or it may just have been a seriously upset stomach :)
the thing about bloody diahreoa is that it is not usually as bad as we think it is, in most cases the blood is only coming from a very small popped blood vessel in the anal passage. as humans we know when we are empty and stop pushing/straining, dogs don't, they continue to push/strain even when they are empty and it's this unnecessary pushing that pops the blood vessel, it really is quite harmless. again your cousin is the best person to explain this properly i am just trying to put yours and your mother's mind at ease a wee bit.
still sending best wishes and anxtiously awaiting news :)

Puppy seems to be doing better today. My mother sent me this picture this morning. Thanks you every one who chimed in.

she is adorable! look at those beautiful big eyes, def got a touch of GSD in her (but i'm biased toward them lol) her fore legs are quite thick, can't see her paws though, she could get quite big :)

Oh my! Love love love.....sooooooo cute! 
wub.png
 So happy she is doing great!

Glad to hear that she is starting to feel a bit better.

Hope she continues to improve and makes a full recovery

More good NEWS, my mother said her bowel movement and it was solid. She is doing so much better and that she is moving,playing and happy. Shes fighting when be forced to eat. Which is a good thing because that means she has energy. She is still feeding her and forcing pedealyte or however you spell it :p
Also she is bleaching everything in the house. 

That's great; diarrhea is a terrible thing in young animals. Now that's passed she has a fighting chance.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back