Pump aid please.

Jaws.k

Reaction score
Hi all,
How you doin...

Strange thread for you. If I may ask for a bit of help with please.

I have a tank 'boyu 86bgy' it's a lovely looking piece of furniture, so I wanted to keep it, but...
I did have fish in it, but they died, I have a thread on the website forums about that.

The cost to set it up was fairly dear, & when it went bad , I said don't no now....
So it's been sitting in its spot empty for ages.

I was / am thinking of using it as a tarantula home, (making it more escape proof).
My main concern would be ventilation / oxygen running around it.
My idea was using the air pump with a long air stone to supply air inside, the pump I have as pressure regulator.

This would work on my dry tank & circulate air. Yes...?
I'm asking you folk, then I can say this to the tarantula forum I joined.

I'm not 110% sure what to do tho with no fish & get a spider, or what.

Thanks all.

I know nothing about tarantula but Iā€™m pretty sure an air pump would work I wouldnā€™t use an air stone Iā€™d just use the hose and pump , do tarantula need lots of air flow ? Or is it just so you can have a lid on the tank without starving oxygen ? If itā€™s the latter isnā€™t there a way to stop it from escaping without a lid , I know people use baby powder on ant terrariums around the rim and that stops them from escaping

Hi guyb93.
How you doin..

Yeah, it's for air flow, didn't know they put powder on the rims of ant tanks.

I'd of thought the pump idea would of worked, I've to put the idea across on the tarantula forum, see what they think.
I was just seeing if any of the aquarium folk would of used this kind of setup on a reptile or arachnid tanks.
I thought of the air stone to limit the force of air, spray it like. ???
Still work in progress tho.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Hi guyb93.
How you doin..

Yeah, it's for air flow, didn't know they put powder on the rims of ant tanks.

I'd of thought the pump idea would of worked, I've to put the idea across on the tarantula forum, see what they think.
I was just seeing if any of the aquarium folk would of used this kind of setup on a reptile or arachnid tanks.
I thought of the air stone to limit the force of air, spray it like. ???
Still work in progress tho.

Thanks for getting back to us.
Iā€™m more curious than knowledge have no idea about arachnids be cool to see it all once done

Yeah thanks.
I just thinking of future , when the spider gets older. Haven't got 1 yet, but got to start with small tank 1st then as it gets to adult then transfer it to my main tank.
How long that will be again not sure. But if I have the idea done then my Boyu tank will be in use again.
But yeah il reply here what the tarantula folk say. & In time if it happens with a picture.

Cool.

Spiders don't need or use a lot of oxygen because they are relatively small and spend most of their time sitting around waiting for food. Most of them can also survive underwater for a day or two because they trap air between the hairs around their body.

If you open the top of the tank each day to feed, water and clean them, then plenty of oxygen will get in the tank for the spider.

An air pump can be used to pump air into the tank if you like. Or use a fly wire lid if you are really concerned.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back