Puget Sound Biotope

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The big anemone on the left is unhappy. Its tentacles are drooping. The rest of it looks good tho. Move the clam away from the little anemones so it doesn't get injured
The nem looks fine, lol.

Well, you all put up with the beginnings of this crazy project, so here is what it looks like today. :) It has been a fun journey! And, I am happy to report the FW tanks are doing great!

View attachment 140498

View attachment 140499
View attachment 140500
View attachment 140501
Tank is looking great!

The big anemone on the left is unhappy. Its tentacles are drooping. The rest of it looks good tho. Move the clam away from the little anemones so it doesn't get injured
That anemone had just been introduced to the tank when the picture was taken. It has since buried its body in the sand, which they seem to like, has eaten clams and digested, and it is much happier.
With regards to the clam, he put a lot of effort on being where he is, so I don’t think I’ll move him:

Last edited:
Incredible concept on your tank 👍👏👌 tons of good vibes !
Patience and length of time make more than strength or rage.

@Colin_T , here is picture of his new "digs" and today during feeding (shrimp on the menu). :)

1627410336742.png 1627410405930.png

Nice to see you back. I love how the tank is developing semi-naturally. Are the crabs going to eat everything now that they're huge?
Nice to see you too!
I call this tank the "drama box", as there is always something going on that makes my heart skip a beat. The crabs will try to eat everyone, but luckily they are slow and clumsy vegetarians, so as long as there are lots of algae for them, they just threaten and grin. For the most part, everyone seems to be able to stay well and safe.

Ursula Flerkin, the anemone, is the biggest threat. She has already eaten a hermit crab and tried to eat the crab molt, only to later realize it was empty!
This is a fast video of the spit back moment:

what fish are in this outrageously beautiful tank?
There are around 20 tidepool sculpins. They started at around 10mm in size and some are now about 25mm, not quite coloring yet except for this one being the oldest and around 30mm:

1631075276206.png

And thank you! :)

Nice to see you too!
I call this tank the "drama box", as there is always something going on that makes my heart skip a beat. The crabs will try to eat everyone, but luckily they are slow and clumsy vegetarians, so as long as there are lots of algae for them, they just threaten and grin. For the most part, everyone seems to be able to stay well and safe.

Ursula Flerkin, the anemone, is the biggest threat. She has already eaten a hermit crab and tried to eat the crab molt, only to later realize it was empty!
This is a fast video of the spit back moment:

There are around 20 tidepool sculpins. They started at around 10mm in size and some are now about 25mm, not quite coloring yet except for this one being the oldest and around 30mm:

View attachment 143065

And thank you! :)
I’ve always wanted tidepool sculpin. How do you keep the tank so cold? I want to make a San Diego Tidepool Bio type. What’s the max size of a tidepool sculpin or blennies That live around here?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back