Puget Sound Biotope

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, they are caught and brought over to the tank. These are local marine specimens and there are great guides to help identify them. :)
That is so neat!
How are you catching such tiny critters?....fine mesh net?

The time has come to build the tank. Welded four sides of 1" acrylic to get all these critters their new home :)

1622159951691.png

The reef purists might not like it because it isn't tropical and doesn't have coral :)

Bigger nets are better for most things. I made a scoop net out of pvc pipe and mosquito netting. It was about 2 foot long x 18 inches wide x 6 inches deep. I used to scoop it through weed beds and would catch all sorts of good things.

Make sure the jellyfish doesn't get air bubbles in/ under it because the bubbles damage them.

The reef purists might not like it because it isn't tropical and doesn't have coral :)

Bigger nets are better for most things. I made a scoop net out of pvc pipe and mosquito netting. It was about 2 foot long x 18 inches wide x 6 inches deep. I used to scoop it through weed beds and would catch all sorts of good things.

Make sure the jellyfish doesn't get air bubbles in/ under it because the bubbles damage them.
Ah... good thing there are a lot of non-purists in the world! ;)

Thank you for the netting advice. So far, diving net bags have worked out great, and I like to get up close and personal to the critters. I am not sure I like the idea of catching too much and have to put them back.

There are no air bubbles in the tank, so the jellies are safe. :) They are fascinating little critters!

Would love to do a British coastline marine tank, unfortunately I don't have anywhere to seta new tank. And the wife also says can't have another lol

This is really cool! What kind of saltwater ecosystem do you have in Washington state? I'm just drooling over these cool coldwater saltwater aquariums being cooped up next to Lake Ontario :confused:

The big anemone on the left is unhappy. Its tentacles are drooping. The rest of it looks good tho. Move the clam away from the little anemones so it doesn't get injured

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back