Pseudoplatystoma Fasciatum X Phractocephalus Hemioliopterus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i know i shouldnt have and i only went to get a new pipe for my FX5 but ive always wanted either a RTC or a TSN and the lfs had both for sale and also some TSN X RTC...... :drool:

so here he/she is my new catfish, currently about 5 inches or so.....
IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

i do know how big these get so please dont slate me as i am well aware. if/when it gets too big i will move it on unless i have a tank big enough by then :hey:

i know i shouldnt have and i only went to get a new pipe for my FX5 but ive always wanted either a RTC or a TSN and the lfs had both for sale and also some TSN X RTC...... :drool:

so here he/she is my new catfish, currently about 5 inches or so.....
IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

i do know how big these get so please dont slate me as i am well aware. if/when it gets too big i will move it on unless i have a tank big enough by then :hey:
oooooh. congrats he/she is beautiful always wanted one. how much? :good: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

it was the price that did it for me tbh, at £14.99 i thought it was a great deal.

they had slightly smaller TSN for sale at £12.99 and a bigger RTC at £39.99 so i went for the X breed as ive always wanted both :hyper:

it was the price that did it for me tbh, at £14.99 i thought it was a great deal.

they had slightly smaller TSN for sale at £12.99 and a bigger RTC at £39.99 so i went for the X breed as ive always wanted both :hyper:
OMG OMG OMG OMG THAT cheap great bargain congrats. give the fella a good home which i'm sure you will. whats your tank set up???? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Update.. no lecture here just saying that if u don't know yet these things will eat anything around 2" smaller than them. don't do well with other territorial or agressive bottom feeders. :angry:

its going into my 60x24x18 for now but will be moved over to a 60x24x24 as soon as its a bit bigger. in its current tank it will be wil 3 humbug cats although i might transfer these over to the bigger tank for now to let it settle better.

the smallest fish in the tank are a pair of rainbow cichlids that are about 3.5-4 inch. the reason i have not put it in the bigger tank yet is because it arrives tomorrow so its not actually set up and running yet..... also because the fish that are going in the same tank are a group of cichlasoma ornatums that have started to get a bit fiesty so i dont want them to damage the cat. hence the reason i need to grow it up a bit as they wont bother with it then :good:

there is a group of colombian tetras in with the ornatums as well which is a concern but the cichlids seem to be reducing the numbers by themselves any way :crazy:

They are great fish, but unless you have a large pond for them, totally unsuitable home Aquarium fish IMO.

They are great fish, but unless you have a large pond for them, totally unsuitable home Aquarium fish IMO.
this im well aware of but it will get a great home in my tank for now. the lfs i got it from always has RTC in and the odd RTC X TSN etc along with other potential huge fish and they all sell.... makes you wonder where they all end up!
at least i can provide what it needs for a while, if its 6 months or 12 months etc i know i will have to let it go eventually.

just a quick update on Franks growth. after a month he has filled out and put on some weight but remains about 6 inches or so in length.

011-5.jpg

007-19.jpg

hes currently about 6 inches so has grown about an inch in the first month in length but when i first got the fish it was really skinny and its now filled out by quite a bit...

must be all the prawns and lancefish hes eating!

hes currently about 6 inches so has grown about an inch in the first month in length but when i first got the fish it was really skinny and its now filled out by quite a bit...

must be all the prawns and lancefish hes eating!
Looks well healthy! :good:

ive never known a fish to grow so fast...... Frank is now about 7-8 inches and getting very chunky!

he accepts prawns and lancefish from my hand but wont touch dry food at all. if i cut a prawn down the middle i can stick a massivore pellet inside and feed him that way but dont really want to do this forever.

i might try not feeding him for a bit and keep trying the dry stuff until he takes it.

ive never known a fish to grow so fast...... Frank is now about 7-8 inches and getting very chunky!

he accepts prawns and lancefish from my hand but wont touch dry food at all. if i cut a prawn down the middle i can stick a massivore pellet inside and feed him that way but dont really want to do this forever.

i might try not feeding him for a bit and keep trying the dry stuff until he takes it.

Just be careful he don't go hungry enough to turn his attention towards taking a swipe at Keith during the night... Even if he only manages to nip his fins or whatever it would be such a shame to see the top man injured or ragged looking.

Just be careful he don't go hungry enough to turn his attention towards taking a swipe at Keith during the night... Even if he only manages to nip his fins or whatever it would be such a shame to see the top man injured or ragged looking.
No I won't be doing it until I have swapped my fish about a bit and there are no snack size fish in the tank. Keith is safe don't worry about him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back