Procrastinate a your peril!! Never do tomorrow what you can do today.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ceejaytee

Reaction score
I have been very negligent with my pond routines and now lots of fish have died and i am left with a red face and uphill task to put things right. I am very embarrassed and upset;- I have had ponds in the last 3 gardens where we have lived and I have usually not had many problems but now I have and at 75 am going to make my 8ft square pond into a bog garden before next Spring. It is usually quite easy to notice when the filter needs cleaning but these past few weeks I have been idle and lazy and after being away for 6 days came home to a pond in crisis and it's all my forking fault. The heatwave is upon us and the lily pads had doubled in quantity and size. Elodia has at last started to green up and grow an another plant who's name i don't know had proliferated. I run two air stones but left the filter off as T knew it would clog up (It already had due to my neglect!!) I discovered my favourite Golden Tench and five sizable gold fish were floating under the pads to add to the 2 gold fish that died before we went away. Since then I have done a partial water change and thinned down to plants . The box filter was clogged up solid with sediment after at least 21 day of neglect. I can not operate properly in this heat but will do a Spring clean when it cools down at weekend. Meanwhile the pump has to be cleaned 3 times etc etc. I am getting too old and a bit disabled and prone to falling over so a nice bog garden beckons ! No bollockings please as i have self flagellated enough. Sorry folks Chris

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back