Pristella Tetra Breeding (xray Tetra)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

oswoldy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,
My Tetras are all acting very strange this morning they are almost rubbing against each other and chasing each other around the tank. Does this sound like trying to establish a mate/fighting or just playing?

Im not sure if this is relevant or not but I added bogwood yesterday.

Mike

when my tetra are getting frisky the males will chase the females maybe 3 males per lady until 2 of the males get "left behind" and then the remaining male will bump the side of the female to get her to release her eggs. They tend to do this whilst staying still and usually over a fine leafed plant or near the gravel surface.

hope this helps.

when my tetra are getting frisky the males will chase the females maybe 3 males per lady until 2 of the males get "left behind" and then the remaining male will bump the side of the female to get her to release her eggs. They tend to do this whilst staying still and usually over a fine leafed plant or near the gravel surface.

hope this helps.

Ah I may have some eggs later then! :good:

Mike

I have two tetras, same colour as Roach, not sure which tetras they are. One is bigger than the other, and the smaller one seems to hide in the bottom corner behind a plant all day long, even when feeding.. when it comes out to feed it gets some food, and the other tetra chase's it.. is this agression or mating signs?

I have two tetras, same colour as Roach, not sure which tetras they are. One is bigger than the other, and the smaller one seems to hide in the bottom corner behind a plant all day long, even when feeding.. when it comes out to feed it gets some food, and the other tetra chase's it.. is this agression or mating signs?

Sounds like agression to me, but im not 100% sure mind.

Mike

Hmm, will this kill the small tetra? or..?

IF it is agression the smaller Tetra will more than likely get stressed and maybe subjected to fin nipping so COULD die as a result, HOWEVER please wait for someone who has more knowledge about this before doing anything drastic like selling/re-homing your fish!

Regards
Mike

It will cause severe stress and may lead to a premature death. If you want discuss this further then start a new thread its bad webtiqette to hijack peoples thread's.

It will cause severe stress and may lead to a premature death. If you want discuss this further then start a new thread its bad webtiqette to hijack peoples thread's.

Tis ok this is pretty much dead now anyway.

Mike

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back