Pricing? And Fish Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Betta5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey, Have a job now, so some money flow and after i get my fur coat, I can get a big fish tank. ND aquatics have a special on which is

60" x 24" x 24" (Length x Height x Width) Standard Tropical Fish Tank & Cabinet:

* Tank Volume: 109 UK Gallon ( 496 Litre )
* 10mm all glass aquarium
* Polished edges
* Cover glasses
* Black or Clear silicone
* Cabinet
* Hood

Price £ 617 Now £ 466

Is £466 a decent price?

Could I keep a regal and yellow tang in a 5x2x2?

Oooo, you're back!
Can't comment on the price as am not from the UK, but I think you would be OK with both tangs as long as the yellow is not put in first.

seems alright to me, nows the time to buy 2nd hand though. tanks are fetching very little right now

I would double check them sizes a 5 x 2 x 2 should be roughly 125 Gallons the price does seem ok I am guessing there is no sump or plumbing with that ?

I would look for a tank with a sump much easier to maintain and provides a better filtration options.

If you really want to keep a Regal Tang I would look at 72"x24"x24" personally I think they are pretty fish but get too big 1 Regal Tank takes up as much space as 3 Fairy Wrasse or Anthias

If you want an idea on prices check out the STM Shop and Coventry aquatics

I am thinking about adding an overflow and sump to my current tank to try it out. For some reason I have always been, scared is not the word, but whatever, about having a sump. Im not sure why. I have a1 spare 2x1x1.

Can someone post a link to an overflow kit or something? and i will just buy it. I get confused about he return pump aswell, how do you know what gph you are going to need and stuff like that?

It will also give me something to do while i look for bigger tanks

jeeze man, my mind is never made up about this hobby.

The tank i was going to add the overflow to is alrady filled and has fish in but i take it you mean the new one to be drilled?

I guess I would do that. How do you know what size return pump to get for an overflow box? does the height it has to pump have to be taken into account?

Also lol, I didnt even know I had been away, but woo thanks.

Im in a rush, on my way out. Could someone post a website to get an RO unit from? Something with everything included to just fit it, no fuss kind of thing.

Also how would I go about adding RO water to my current tap water run tank? Just start doing waterchages with RO water? Or do a 100% RO change?

Im in a rush, on my way out. Could someone post a website to get an RO unit from? Something with everything included to just fit it, no fuss kind of thing.

Also how would I go about adding RO water to my current tap water run tank? Just start doing waterchages with RO water? Or do a 100% RO change?

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/reverse-osmosis-systems-c-46.html

Start doing water changes using the ro water, changing to much at once isn't a good idea.

Most reactions

trending

Back