Price of corydoras

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Just curious...... ????

Why are prices that different with cories? I understand some are rare and hard to get etc what hike the prices up. But i have 8 Albino cory that cost £20 which shocked me when ive had to pay £75 for the same amount (+1) for Panda cory. Theres others like Orange lazers what are alot more than that.
To me Panda's are always available just as much as Bronze/Albino, Peppered, Julii and so on.

Depends on demand and stock tbh. Each store varies in price for example I breed plecos and a gold nugget can cost $75 usd at one store then 10miles away the other store carries it for $40 usd. It's a crap shoot and depends on a stores customer base for its price and how loyal they are to that one store. So look around and price hunt my man!

Depends on demand and stock tbh. Each store varies in price for example I breed plecos and a gold nugget can cost $75 usd at one store then 10miles away the other store carries it for $40 usd. It's a crap shoot and depends on a stores customer base for its price and how loyal they are to that one store. So look around and price hunt my man!
Im not overly bothered i was willing to pay the extra because i wanted Panda's. I just wondered why 4 Albinos was 15 pound cheaper than 3 Panda's. Maybe the stores in the UK are similar to the US like you say and it goes on customer base and demand

I just priced them at Petco and I think it was 3.99 usd and the LFS had them for 2.99 usd. The LFS is almost always less when it comes to fish.

My lfs for panda corys

Attachments

• 20200208_151951.jpg
    20200208_151951.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 54

I dont think i could do online. Good price before delivery tho. Be a bargin if you lived near the store :)

A shop about half an hour from me has it's stock list on-line.
Panda cories (small) £4.25 each
Corydoras albino £2.25 each or 5 for £10

Why do shops price their shoaling fish as so much each or so much for 5? My favourite shop does things a bit differently - buy 5 or more and get 10% off. So if I buy 8 or 9 I get them all at the discount price.

My LFS lets me have the lower price regardless of how many I buy (hint: its never less than 5).
When I got my microdevario kubotai I cleared their tank (around 25) and asked for a bigger discount. They gave me an extra 10%. Last time in I wanted 20 otos. I had to wait because a local indie shop owner was stocking up on otos for his store (he also bought 20) - so I asked for a bigger discount and got it again. Its always worth asking :good:

A shop about half an hour from me has it's stock list on-line.
Panda cories (small) £4.25 each
Corydoras albino £2.25 each or 5 for £10

Why do shops price their shoaling fish as so much each or so much for 5? My favourite shop does things a bit differently - buy 5 or more and get 10% off. So if I buy 8 or 9 I get them all at the discount price.
Sounds like my LFS sells the Panda's at the same price whatever the size. Their 9.95 each or 3 for £25 o_O Albinos are 4 for £10.

Might ask for some discount next time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back