Pretty New To Fish And Happy About A Forum!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well, Im not looking for a planted tank. And I was thinking the light might be good as our house gets no colder than 73 at night. I could cover the tank with a blanket maybe. It would be a nice day night cycle as the tank is warmer during the day (sun heating it) and cooler during the night (no sun heating it) I do this for my hermit crabs.
Oh yea. My tank is going to have 2 snails, my betta, and I will make it planted by having a moss ball. Might get a new rooted plant later, but now this is what Ive got. Should I get the snails if I have an algae build up or just get them when I get the tank set up?

The hex tank is a nice tank.  I have personally had it and kept a betta in it off and on.  You will still need a heater.  The temperature of the water needs to stay a steady and stable 78F min but 82 is best.  Always remember that water temp is a couple of degrees cooler than room temp so if you room stays 73F then the tank without a heater would be around 70F.  That is way too cold for a betta who needs tropical temperatures.  I do not personally care for the leaf hammock.  For the same price, you could get a ball of moss or an anubia plant (both very easy live plants) that the betta will like better.

What kind of snails are you planning on getting?  

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back