FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yeah it is Kno3 and KH2po4. Cool, I'll watch my levels and see how I go :)
Thanks again for your help!

Garbolino said:
Can I just use the ei dosing without c02?
Yes you can, but if you aren't using co2 you will just need the chelated trace elements mix (micros) and you can dose less of it because plants grow slower without co2.

Thanks very much, I will be going to a c02 system but it won't be till the end of the year

Just dose about 1/3 what you would full EI if you don't use CO2

Agreed and 1/2 the amount (Micros and macros) if using carbon

right, so I can dose both macro & micro as long as I dose by 1/3?

ive ordered the ei kit & I`m not adding anything else to the tank at present

Yes but with a 50% weekly water change

Cheers slim, on another note at present I have a air bubble curtain at the back of my tank, running 24/7, can I still run this when injecting co2?

Cheers

Running a airstone or air curtain will only cause Co2 to be driven out of the water, therefore you will have to constantly inject more Co2 in order to reach the optimum Co2 level. (wasting Co2 and your money)

I would reccomend removing the air curtain, or only running it whilst the lights are off.

Thanks very much, looks nice on the eye but not going to waste co2/cash

Livewire88 said:
Running a airstone or air curtain will only cause Co2 to be driven out of the water, therefore you will have to constantly inject more Co2 in order to reach the optimum Co2 level. (wasting Co2 and your money)

I would reccomend removing the air curtain, or only running it whilst the lights are off.
Spot on:)

Hi there. I bought this system today so what differences in setup are there as it's not a fire extinguisher...I have never set one of these up before and I am a little nervous lol thanks in advance

Other than the drop checker you should have everything you need there. It's basically a complete set up although I believe that the diffuser is doubling as the bubble counter.

My experience of water life products was that their regs tended to only have the main on/off control which was a pain for turning them off at night if you wanted to save CO2, as you had to readjust the levels in the morning for turning them back on. Can't see from the picture what yours has.

Thanks Dr Rob, is it just a case of putting the parts together and it's done? I am a little nervous of doing this and in a safe manner

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back