Pressurised For A 125L Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
im just returning to the hobby and although im not a newbie fish keeper , i have never done pressurised co2 and planted tanks . im picking up a roma 125 on friday and once cycled etc i will be setting it up pressurised and planted . probably in the region of 1.5 to 2 wpg, planted with easy to grow stem plants , crypts etc and  dwarf hairgrass or similar .  filtered by a fluval u4 and extra turnover provided by a 1200 LPH powerhead , ei dosing ferts.

setup/running costs being the primary concern here . the trouble is i have no idea how long ( assuming optimal diffusion , no leaks etc ) a co2 bottle of a given size will last . ideally i would like to avoid going fire extinguisher , but if thats the best option i would consider it . any decent kits etc ?

Mostly everyone uses a Reg with a timer, As it can be a pain to turn the reg on and off every day.

The size of the tank I would say at least 6 months per 2KG FE bottle.

Yeah it's a good reg, I just bought 2 of them and so far so good.

great , thanks .  looking at the cost of extinguishers on ebay it seems i can get a pressurised system up and running for an initial cost of around £70 to £80 and if it should be good for 6 months , a further running cost of about £20 twice a year for replacement extinguisher .  seems a bit of a no brainer i would say :)   is any uk spec co2 extinguisher suitable , or are there certain types to avoid ?

I believe any if your lucky enough like me i found somewhere that will refill a 2 kg fe for a tenner

im looking into that at the moment , but if i cant find anywhere its not the end of the world having to spend around £20 every 6 months :)

All EU FE's are 22mm and will fit.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back