Pregnant Molly?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

KayKay08

Reaction score
Is my molly fish pregnant? And about to give birth? And if so how do I know when to separate her? The male is keeps chasing her.

Attachments

• EE16A412-4F4A-4065-8C5F-BBEE2D09C4DA.jpeg
    EE16A412-4F4A-4065-8C5F-BBEE2D09C4DA.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 1,572
Last edited:
You don't move gravid (pregnant) livebearers because you can harm or kill the developing young. Move the male out and leave the female in a well planted tank to give birth. Keep the male out for a few weeks after she has given birth, or just get rid of the male all together.

Agreed. Those little death trap breeding boxes are very stressful. What she wants/needs is to hide in amongst the plants when itā€™s time.

She can store sperm for half a dozen batches of fry so you donā€™t really need a male. With a male present you should have at least 3 or 4 females, so the maleā€™s constant harassment is shared out and no one gets too bullied/stressed.

She looks like she has a week or two to go yet.... ish. :)

Ok. Perfect! Also today I noticed she is hanging around the heater lots, is that normal? Sorry for all the questions first time having pregnant fish! I have 1 male and 2 females right now and a couple other fish, they donā€™t hang out by the heater although I think my other molly is pregnant as well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back