Pregnant platy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
UPDATE:
As of August 10th they have still not dropped fry. Is this normal? I have attached pictures of them taken today, and they definitely look bigger, at least in my eyes. Anyone know how much longer it might be?
As a side note, my only non pregnant female (neon mickey mouse) acts like she is the bottom of the pecking order. She hides behind the little cave, and doesn't go after food like the other two. Is this normal? I have also seen the red wag occasionally dart at her, but no other signs of aggression.
IMG_20210810_121329.jpg
IMG_20210810_121341.jpg
IMG_20210810_121124.jpg
IMG_20210810_121042.jpg

UPDATE:
As of August 10th they have still not dropped fry. Is this normal? I have attached pictures of them taken today, and they definitely look bigger, at least in my eyes. Anyone know how much longer it might be?
As a side note, my only non pregnant female (neon mickey mouse) acts like she is the bottom of the pecking order. She hides behind the little cave, and doesn't go after food like the other two. Is this normal? I have also seen the red wag occasionally dart at her, but no other signs of aggression.
View attachment 141302 View attachment 141303View attachment 141304View attachment 141305
how long?
my swordtail is pregnant and she hasnt dropped for more than half a year....

how long?
my swordtail is pregnant and she hasnt dropped for more than half a year....
I first posted about them possibly being pregnant exactly a month ago on July 10th. I looked it up and apparently the average gestation period of a platy is 28 days....

how long?
my swordtail is pregnant and she hasn't dropped for more than half a year....
She is probably full of worms if she hasn't given birth in 6 months.

See section 3 of the following link for treating fish with intestinal worms.

They still have not dropped fry......
At what point do I say they aren't pregnant and move them to the main tank and/or start worrying that somethings wrong?
(Edited to fix wording of the question)

They still have not dropped fry......
At what point do I say they aren't pregnant and move them to the main tank and/or start worrying that somethings wrong?
(Edited to fix wording of the question)
more pics?

If you have fat livebearers that look gravid (pregnant) and they haven't produced any young or gotten skinny in 6 months, they are probably full of parasitic worms and need treating.

See post 35 and deworm the fish.

If you have fat livebearers that look gravid (pregnant) and they haven't produced any young or gotten skinny in 6 months, they are probably full of parasitic worms and need treating.

See post 35 and deworm the fish.
I haven't had them for 6 months, I've had them for less than two. I first posted about them possibly being pregnant on July 10th. I will get pics uploaded as soon as I can. My red wag does look bigger, and its harder to tell with my black redtail but I believe she's bigger as well.

From pic#4 the red wagtail doesn't appear to be pregnant. She's just got a ferm chest.

Sorry for the fuzzy quality, my neon redtail moves a lot faster than my red wag so it's harder to get good pictures of her. These were taken the evening of 8-17-21
IMG_20210817_203432.jpg
IMG_20210817_203428.jpg
IMG_20210817_203418.jpg
IMG_20210817_203405.jpg
IMG_20210817_203319.jpg

Both don't look pregnant. They look healthy. And a nice bodyshape. To me they just look wellfed.

Both don't look pregnant. They look healthy. And a nice bodyshape. To me they just look wellfed.
Alright... If they look heathy, then whats wrong with my neon mickey mouse? she's a LOT smaller and thinner than the other two. I'll get pics of her when I can.

Alright... If they look heathy, then whats wrong with my neon mickey mouse? she's a LOT smaller and thinner than the other two. I'll get pics of her when I can.
Yes, please show us the neon mickey mouse platy...

Here's pics. It's possible she's just younger/smaller than the others, but now that I know that they are healthy I'm worried that somethings wrong with her. She hides behind the house/plants I have in there, and at mealtimes she sucks up food and spits it back out if thats any indication of anything.
1629326096417.jpg
1629326101195.jpg
1629326105608.jpg
1629326119746.jpg
1629326137327.jpg
1629326159264.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back