April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Is this our tell-tale white spot weā€™re looking for...? ? hard to see

Attachments

• 0E24C527-F3F9-4E73-A594-7FB596272A6D.png
    0E24C527-F3F9-4E73-A594-7FB596272A6D.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 63
Still no babies yet?? She still has the white spot. Sheā€™s not even in a breeding net anymore just in a 5 gallon bin now with lots of plants to hide the babies. Figured maybe she didnā€™t like the net. But. Nope. Still nothing

Still no babies yet?? She still has the white spot. Sheā€™s not even in a breeding net anymore just in a 5 gallon bin now with lots of plants to hide the babies. Figured maybe she didnā€™t like the net. But. Nope. Still nothing
she could be a little stressed or just not ready. sometimes they show signs but it wonā€™t happen. that happened to me my second round of fry from my platy- she just didnā€™t feel ready. watch for a dark spot on her stomach move to the bottom of her tail... this usually means the babies have moved to the cloaca and ready to be pushed out. but keep in mind fish sometimes just hold on until the exact time is right. she might not like being in a separate tank.

she could be a little stressed or just not ready. sometimes they show signs but it wonā€™t happen. that happened to me my second round of fry from my platy- she just didnā€™t feel ready. watch for a dark spot on her stomach move to the bottom of her tail... this usually means the babies have moved to the cloaca and ready to be pushed out. but keep in mind fish sometimes just hold on until the exact time is right. she might not like being in a separate tank.
Would I be able to see the dark spot since sheā€™s... mostly dark lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back