Pregnant Platy or Dropsy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

EGilbert-Patt

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought my Platy was pregnant but she is so huge and her scales are sticking out and now I am wondering if she has dropsy?

Any advice please. Thanks
Platy Fish.jpg

Dropsy, the scales are pine coned, whether you want to go through the trouble of epsom salt baths or just humanley euthanize it in a clove oil solution its up to you

Dropsy, the scales are pine coned, whether you want to go through the trouble of epsom salt baths or just humanley euthanize it in a clove oil solution its up to you

Thank you, her scales are raised, and the other platy's seem to be just hovering around her all the time, I am not 100% sure she isn't pregnant so didn't want to remove her from the tank and cause more stress if she is, but also don't want the dropsy to spread to the other fish!

Thank you, her scales are raised, and the other platy's seem to be just hovering around her all the time, I am not 100% sure she isn't pregnant so didn't want to remove her from the tank and cause more stress if she is, but also don't want the dropsy to spread to the other fish!
Its not contagious dont worry about the others

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back