Pregnant or just fat?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jack Mulla

Reaction score
7E3EF44D-225A-4526-9724-15E45DB974A5.jpeg Hello people! I have a female guppy that seems pregnant as her gravid spot is very dark and quite large and she is not moving like she used to. Is she pregnant or just fat?

Is she now, or has she ever been during the last 6 months, in a tank with a male guppy? If she has, she's pregnant. Even if there are no male guppies in the same tank now she could still be pregnant as female guppies can store sperm for up to 6 months.

Is she now, or has she ever been during the last 6 months, in a tank with a male guppy? If she has, she's pregnant. Even if there are no male guppies in the same tank now she could still be pregnant as female guppies can store sperm for up to 6 months.
Yeah she is in a tank with one male guppy and two other female guppies

If they're with a male, female guppies are always in some stage of pregnancy.

How old is she? Young females have fewer fry than older females. If she's young she could give birth in a week or so; if she's older it could be a couple of weeks yet. The thing to look for is when she squares off. When looked at from the side it will look as though she's swallowed a box. When that happens it'll be a day or two.

How old is she? Young females have fewer fry than older females. If she's young she could give birth in a week or so; if she's older it could be a couple of weeks yet. The thing to look for is when she squares off. When looked at from the side it will look as though she's swallowed a box. When that happens it'll be a day or two.
Around 5 to 6 months I suppose. She was much smaller than this when I got her.

Just looking at that picture, she's gonna pop 'em out. And that is a very nice female guppy. Nice and full bodied. I like that Zebra I see in the picture too but he's going to snarf down your baby guppies like Doritos.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back