Pregnant molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Michelle150

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please I need some advice does my molly look pregnant image.jpg

I agree with @CryptFan she is going to have babies! remember she may not drop them all at once or it may happen over several days or even a week or more depending on how comfortable and safe she feels.

thank you all, I thought she was as I had mollies years ago not had a tank up and running for a while now

Do I keep her with the other fish or separate her from the others to get her ready to give birth?

If you have a second tank for her you can move her or place her in one of those small fry birthing tanks that go inside your tank but you will be stressing her. Some prefer to leave them in their tank and catch the fry and place them in a separate tank or fry tank. I prefer to catch the fry but you may loose some that way. The thing is with mollies, she will have more so you may end up with too many after awhile, over running your tank if you try and save them all.

It is going to be a nightmare as I am moving on the 5th March too. Thank you for the advice

Also remember she may drop the fry all at once or drop a few at a time over several days or even a week or more. Depending on how safe she feels. Good luck

It is going to be a nightmare as I am moving on the 5th March too. Thank you for the advice
Netting pregnant fish can sometimes damage them or the unborn fry. If you need to catch her when you move, use a cup/ dish to lift her. This also applies for a week after she gives birth. Good luck.

Your tank looks like it has plenty of places for the fry to hide. Your molly will probably continue to drop more fry for 6 months after the first lot arrive.

I wouldn't do anything special. You are soon going to have lots of mollies.

Your tank looks like it has plenty of places for the fry to hide. Your molly will probably continue to drop more fry for 6 months after the first lot arrive.

I agree, I laugh when I see people worried for their first batch of fry. You will son have new fry every week!

I agree, I laugh when I see people worried for their first batch of fry. You will son have new fry every week!
I remember how excited I was about my 1st tetra fry :kana: knowing how hard it is compared to live bears to get fry but it didn't take long before I went from 5 red eyed tetra adults to 17 and then having to give them away because they were taking over my tanko_O I just wish my ember tetras would have babies :dunno:

Yes there is a few places for the fry to hide and when I see them I will just catch them, that is what I did before.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back