April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Aljnck1

Reaction score
image.jpgEDIT!!!! Update!!!! MOLLY HAD BABIES ABOUT 3 HOURS AFTER POSTED. HERES PICS.
My molly is pregnant and about to pop I just donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing and need help lol. Here she is. Idk how long sheā€™s been pregnant all I know is sheā€™s about to give birth maybe. The male is freaking out hanging around the net. Sheā€™s doing fine in there. Sheā€™s still eating. Before I put her in she was hanging around the heater and started acting lethargic like she was getting ready to have the fry , and the male was chasing her around and wouldnā€™t leave her alone so I had no choice but to separate her. Hereā€™s some pictures. Is sheā€™s going to pop the fry out soon? She has been in there over night but no babies. Does anyone know or have any advice for me? I know the basics. Separate her right after she gives birth to all of them incase she gets hungry, feed her before hand (at least try to) Keep fry separated for 2 weeks before putting them in with the other fish. I know what to feed the fry. Other things though? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 0B76FAD0-DD67-4C1A-B18F-168FF7A69BD8.jpeg
    0B76FAD0-DD67-4C1A-B18F-168FF7A69BD8.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Mollies are less prone to eating their fry than other livebearers, but still s good idea to provide hiding places. Some floating plant stems are good. But are you sure she is pregnant? The picture looks like a balloon Molly and they are pretty much that shape and size to start with.

Mollies are less prone to eating their fry than other livebearers, but still s good idea to provide hiding places. Some floating plant stems are good. But are you sure she is pregnant? The picture looks like a balloon Molly and they are pretty much that shape and size to start with.
Sheā€™s definitely pregnant. She was much smaller when I first got her and she wasnā€™t squared off like that and Iā€™ve had her for months. Also, my other male molly that I got her with has been chasing her around ever since I got them.

Attachments

• FFDBFD0E-90B8-4092-BAA8-00443EC0067B.jpeg
    FFDBFD0E-90B8-4092-BAA8-00443EC0067B.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 69
I would say don't worry and be happy!
Provide a few places for the fry to hide, keep a occasional check on mum and once you believe all the babies are born put her back in the main tank, I usually wait a while, to make sure the fish has regained strength after giving birth, as mollies aren't too bad for eating there dry I find. However if anything fails just remeber she will be pregnant again very soon :)
Good luck!

Congrats ?
Seems she answered your question before some of us could answer for ya!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back