Pregnant Mollie Won’t Give Birth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Koenator

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My orange sailfin is very pregnant, ballooned up and swims slow. She has been looking ready to pop for 4-5 days now but every morning I expect to see fry she is still the same :/
Any ways to induce pregnancy or help her along? Or should I just keep waiting it out?

Photos?

Sorry all... forgot about the post. She still has not given birth but here is a photo from this morning. She’s looked this big since last friday

Attachments

• 70728125-6589-4A02-8198-72DEB03D951F.jpeg
    70728125-6589-4A02-8198-72DEB03D951F.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 21
She could be full of worms.

If it's a balloon molly, they are shorter than normal mollies and their guts get squished up. This can make them look gravid (pregnant) but they aren't. They are simply deformed from inbreeding.

She could be full of worms.

If it's a balloon molly, they are shorter than normal mollies and their guts get squished up. This can make them look gravid (pregnant) but they aren't. They are simply deformed from inbreeding.
Its not a balloon molly just a regular one, but if she is full of worms what should I do?

Its not a balloon molly just a regular one, but if she is full of worms what should I do?
deworm her. Section 3 of the following link tells you about intestinal worms in fish. Normally if you have common livebearers and they are well fed and looked after, and they haven't given birth in a couple of months, then deworm all your tanks at the same time and see if things change.

In case she would be pregnant, mollies can have a longer gestation period than guppies, platies or swordtails. But it won't hurt to follow the reply of Colin.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back