Pregnant Guppies?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yeah I know I've got another two that are expecting so ill be putting them in

Hey i have a post called pregnant black mollies with a pic... i just started it... can someone look at the molly i am afraid she is really close to droping... but i'm not sure... HELP?!!!

Since the last time I posted in here... I have become a better molly breeder and I now have 5 guppies 4 female 1 male. So far in the past 3 days i've had two drops totaling in 39 guppies. They are so precious. Both times I have missed the drop and didn't see who the mother is. I'm expecting at least one maybe two more drops from the other females. Can't wait!!!

Putting them in breeding traps is not an issue if done correctly.

I have always used this method and the best way to use a trap is to put her in and give her a tiny bit of food, turn the tank lights out (put a cover over the tank if its in a well lit room, and leave her be in peace, never leave her in for longer than 48 hours though.

If you read the article I did that's pinned (its in my sig too) there is all the information u need to know on how to know when your livebearer will have its fry.

I was able to judge my own fish with the 48 hours but this was due to learning my fishes drops pattern, writing down their drop dates etc, and learning more and more about the sign of them dropping, its all in my article, give it a read its very useful.

Good luck :)

i have somewhere between 45-55 guppies now. My black molly dropped one today. i've bought a 5gal tank to put the fry in and the 10 gal is for guppies and any pregnant mollies as they pregnant mollies can get put in the tank with the guppies and give birth and still have plenty of swimming room and not be stressed and the guppies would leave any molly alone. I am happy with my 3 tank setups.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back