Pregnant Endler Guppy - Does this look normal?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Kelseyghardin125

Reaction score
I purchased a couple of Endler females from the aquarium store yesterday. The employee said a couple of them that she picked *should* be fixing to pop. After getting them home and having time to thoroughly look them over, I noticed that 2 of them look seriously miserable. One is swimming lopsided sheā€™s so big and it looks like her stomach (or the area right before the gravid spot is ripping! Is this normal? Hereā€™s a link to a video where you can see more details: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3njpc2cb0kv3x0/Pregnant Guppy Video 2.mov?dl=0
Iā€™ve also included a few pics of exactly what Iā€™m talking about. Iā€™ve never had female guppies so I donā€™t know if this is normal. If it is normal, how long until I can expect fry? I placed these 2 in the breeder box only long enough to get a clear photo of them, then I moved them back to their own tank setup separate from the other males and female guppies. Please advise! Anything is greatly appreciated!
6A03E44E-9062-4434-91DA-CFC0DF52C1CC.jpeg
3265AC1C-FAEF-48A1-A4C7-F673E3F7C3BE.jpeg

332CBF13-F93F-43A9-9658-F5BE3913B65B.jpeg

The spots are the eyes of the fry, she is relatively close to birthing. Please don't use the plastic box, it stresses the fish and can postpone the birth or even make them abort and kill the fry, just let her birth in the main tank, with lost of plants for the babies to hide in :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

There's nothing wrong with these two females. Just the one, you've been mentioning seems close to birth.

yep, she's definitely pregnant, the black dots near her gravid spots are the eyes of the fry

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back