Pregnant Dalmation Molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dracgg

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to fish keeping I am guessing from other posts I have read that she is heavily pregnant, she has looked like this for a week now I thought the fry might have appeared by now. Is there anything to look for that might indicate they are imminent? Thanks in advance
IMG_20210801_115533.jpg

I THINK 30 days is how long there pregnant, If you don't want her or the other fish to eat the fry, you should move her to a hospital/quarantine tank until she gives birth

Hi unfortunately I only have the one tank. When I bought the fish there was no mention of having a male and 2 females or the fact they were live bearers. I bought them for their colours. I think I may have to let nature take its course with the fry

If you have lots of plants in the tank, the babies will hide in them and you can then use a small plastic container/ cup to scoop them out and put them in a breeding net that hangs inside the tank.

Hi
So when I got up this morning she was the same size as yesterday. Came home from work today and she is smaller but not totally back to normal. Do the give birth over a good few hours I've been watching her on and off but can't tell. Also no fry to see but the could either be hiding or have been eaten. It will be interesting to see how she looks in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_182646.jpg
    IMG_20210802_182646.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 30
normally they drop them all in an hour or so but sometimes it can take a lot longer.

if there aren't many plants in the tank or you have lots of fish in the tank, the babies probably got eaten.

normally they drop them all in an hour or so but sometimes it can take a lot longer.

if there aren't many plants in the tank or you have lots of fish in the tank, the babies probably got eaten.
She looks back to normal now so she must have been taking a, while I gave both a few plants and quite a few fish so eother could have happened to the fry. I'm guessing the same will happen next month with having a, male in the tank. Keeping an eye on the other female as well. Thanks everyone

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back