Pregnant Cherry's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
how long do cherry shrimp carry their eggs for? i have 3 that are carrying eggs now, im so excited lol, what would i feed the babies on when they arrive? thanks in advance

Congrats on the eggs...

As far as I know its 3 to 4 weeks. I've not bred cherrys but my CRS held on to hers for 4 weeks.

I wish you good luck spotting the babies when they are born, they are tiny!

As for feeding them my babies are just eating algae and possibly some of the hikari crab cuisine i'm feeding the adults (although i've not spotted them doing this yet). They have been alive a week and are definately growing so must be eating something.

Yes three to four weeks depending on how warm the water is, the babies first food is the invisable micro food in the tank.

Yes three to four weeks depending on how warm the water is, the babies first food is the invisable micro food in the tank.

I feed all my cherries with Hikari Crab Pellets as it helps their calcium intake.... the babies try and eat it too, but as i have about 100 cherries they dont get much chance at feeding time due to their tiny size.

When they are born, mine tend to feed off micro-organisms that are found on plant leaves and any moss you have :)

Let us know how it goes.. the eggs usually turn darker when they are about to be let free!

I feed all my cherries with Hikari Crab Pellets as it helps their calcium intake.... the babies try and eat it too, but as i have about 100 cherries they dont get much chance at feeding time due to their tiny size.

When they are born, mine tend to feed off micro-organisms that are found on plant leaves and any moss you have :)

Let us know how it goes.. the eggs usually turn darker when they are about to be let free!

i was wandering why the eggs seemed a little darker i was getting worried thinking they maybe dying off but maybe they are just getting ready to be freed, i will keep you informed as to how they go, i also bought some of them crab pellets the other day and they totally love them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back