Pregnant Amano shrimp.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Redkozza

Reaction score
Hello all, I have 2 egg filled Amanos. I know the fry require brackish water and I don't wish to attempt this very difficult task. I would like to know if my females will be damaged or hurt in any way if I leave her in my fresh water aquarium. Will the eggs simply die? 🤔 Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220519_150419.jpg
    20220519_150419.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 20220519_150429.jpg
    20220519_150429.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 41
Hello all, I have 2 egg filled Amanos. I know the fry require brackish water and I don't wish to attempt this very difficult task. I would like to know if my females will be damaged or hurt in any way if I leave her in my fresh water aquarium. Will the eggs simply die? 🤔 Thank you.
Hi mine do this all the time, they just hatch and essentially die off. No risk to the adults though its just a shame we are not able to raise the young.

Wills

The eggs will hatch into larvae, the larvae will either die in the fresh water or be eaten by any fish in the tank.

No harm to the females will occur.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back