Predatory Fish That can Eat guppy-sized fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DarthTomato

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and curious as to which fish I could get. My house doesn't have too much space, but it's got enough for up to a 125 gallon tank. I'm open to any fish, as long as it can eat guppy-sized fish. I won't be feeding it only guppies, but lots of other live foods too to supplement its diet in a healthy way. I would prefer a predatory fish that requires less space, so if there were two choices, I'd choose the one which would take needs less room.

Thanks!

Personally, I have heard that feeder fish contain almost no beneficial nutrients whatsoever. There is no reason to throw a live creature into a tank where it will only be chased down and eaten.

however If you want a fish that fits in 125 gallon tank
go for a baby arowana our a middle aged arowana.you could also get a small redtail

I would not recommend an arowana. They grow to be 4ft long and will quickly outgrow your tank.

Please do not get either of those fish. They need HUGE tanks, much much bigger than 125 gallons. Red tail catfish need a tank 12 x 8 x 4 feet which is almost 3,000 gallons and arowanas belong in a public aquarium as they grow to 4 feet long.

Feeding live fish to another fish is frowned upon. Dead fish should always be used wherever possible.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back