Predator tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok as most of you will now have read in other posts i have moved the Convicts etc to a new tank.......so you may be wondering what i have done with the old tank??????

Well it is now a PREDATOR tank :grin: with my Shovelnoses and some new additions........2 Polypterus Ornatipinnis juveniles 8) (Ornate Birchirs)

After having alot of problems getting the Shovelnoses and the Birchirs to feed it got to desperate measures and resulted in me out in the garden collecting Earthworms and what a success they were too :D , ive never seen anything eat like the Birchirs.......in fact they rival the Red Bellied Piranha that i once kept as the holder of the most ferocious feeder title lol :0

I have never seen anything eat like these things and the Shovelnoses soon lost their inhibitions too and started feeding like the monsters that they are going to grow to be :D

As per usual i will keep you all posted as to progress :D

I got a little compost heap thing check out http://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk I just used an icecream box with some works from a neighbours compost.  The babies are great for feeding to platies, even a white cloud can swallow a young wriggler of about 1 cm :D Like spaghetti!!

:sly: But feeders no way   :hmm:

Pete, now you will have to set up another tank to house your feeders, as you get a better deal the more you buy at once......LOL :)

Sounds good to me :grin:

And as for the "feeder debate" im starting a new thread on that one lol :p

Just a quick update...........i have moved Nikki's King tiger Pleco and one of her Leopard Pleco's into the predator tank along with my Scobi Ancistrus as they were getting too big to be kept with the inhabitants of the 2 foot community tank they came out of :look: :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back