Potential erratic swimming in betta fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

You an get Anacharis or Hornwort, both can float or plant or just tucked into other stuff.
Low maintenance and my bettas loved them. All my fish love rhem.
I guess, they never actually rold me so
?
Bigger tanks are always better, and 5g os fine for a betta. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller but you seem on top of it and are well on your way !

I don't have a clue about the frogs.
Do your research, ask other forum members, and don't just listen to the salesperson.

Be careful or you will get MTS
(And I don't mean Malaysian Trumpet Snails, although I don't reccomend getting those...well mayne a few)!

You an get Anacharis or Hornwort, both can float or plant or just tucked into other stuff.
Low maintenance and my bettas loved them. All my fish love rhem.
I guess, they never actually rold me so
?
Bigger tanks are always better, and 5g os fine for a betta. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller but you seem on top of it and are well on your way !

I don't have a clue about the frogs.
Do your research, ask other forum members, and don't just listen to the salesperson.

Be careful or you will get MTS
(And I don't mean Malaysian Trumpet Snails, although I don't reccomend getting those...well mayne a few)!
Thanks for the advice! My coworker used to have African dwarf frogs as tank mates for their betta but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve decided on those Iā€™d keep them alone in the 5 gallon tank but I might end up getting a couple guppies or something. also just wanted to ask your opinion on cherry shrimp as a tank mate for bettas? I was thinking of getting a couple just to help keep the tank a little cleaner bc Iā€™ve heard they can eat some of the food debris my fish doesnā€™t eat (although I do try to just give him what he can eat) but yeah would like two or three cherry shrimp be too much for a 5 gallon? Or should I wait for the 10 gallon?

Thanks for the advice! My coworker used to have African dwarf frogs as tank mates for their betta but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve decided on those Iā€™d keep them alone in the 5 gallon tank but I might end up getting a couple guppies or something. also just wanted to ask your opinion on cherry shrimp as a tank mate for bettas? I was thinking of getting a couple just to help keep the tank a little cleaner bc Iā€™ve heard they can eat some of the food debris my fish doesnā€™t eat (although I do try to just give him what he can eat) but yeah would like two or three cherry shrimp be too much for a 5 gallon? Or should I wait for the 10 gallon?
Shrimp will most likely be eaten.

Snails! Nerites.
Get him a couple small or one regular sized. Great help with tank maintenance and fun, too! There are some pretty fancy ones out there and some plain ones.
My betta Mr. Luna attacked the Mystery snail I added...the feelers just too wavy for him to tolerate, and they are large snails...or get large eventually. Sometimes rhy are called Apple snails.

Don't get an Assassin snail and another type together or then there will be one!

Shrimp will most likely be eaten.

Snails! Nerites.
Get him a couple small or one regular sized. Great help with tank maintenance and fun, too! There are some pretty fancy ones out there and some plain ones.
My betta Mr. Luna attacked the Mystery snail I added...the feelers just too wavy for him to tolerate, and they are large snails...or get large eventually. Sometimes rhy are called Apple snails.

Don't get an Assassin snail and another type together or then there will be one!
Ooh okay I looked into snails but I heard they can take over your tank ahaha but I guess if I get one Iā€™d be safe, thanks again for all your help!!

what would you suggest for a background?
As a temporary measure, you could use a piece of card or even a black bin bag.

Nerites snails can't breed in freshwater so they don't take over a tank. But females do lay eggs like sesame seeds which can be scraped off hard surfaces but are more difficult to remove from wood or plants. I have nerites in both my tanks, and I tolerate the eggs except on the front glass.

Most reactions

Back