Potent Puffer Urine!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gibbo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Had a slight crisis last night. Ammonia levels detected, albeit very, very slight. A bit of Ammovec sorted it out. Everything stable now. The question is: Do Puffers produce more potent Ammonia than your standard tropical fish? Should we bear this in mind whilst stocking? Any thoughts appreciated.... :ninja:

Not all of them, there are species in Asia, Africa and S. America that live in Brackish and Freshwater. Some only get to about an inch or so, others, such as the Mbu Puffer from Africa can get to over a foot in length! They are right little nippers (of fins) given half a chance as well! :/

they sound cool fish, only seen the marine ones,

The spotted putters have got to be the cutest fish I have ever seen!! :wub: :wub: :wub: shame they are fin nippers and brackish or else I would have some :lol:

These 3 of mine are Colomesus Asellus, true freshwater. They get to about 2.5" so I've read. Moved some fish out the tank today, should lighten the load a bit! :look:

william what are putters lol :lol:

puffers even :crazy: :crazy: sorry :p This is a bad day for me - my first typo for months and it is sure to go down into folklore :lol:

Legendary for sure...

Join the ranks of Lee Travino, Sam snead and soon to be Tiger Woods...

I am sure they all loved their "Putters" too although not sure if they had any that were "spotted" ;) ;) :p :fun: :fun: :fun:

Are they the putters you can't see, thats why they weren't spotted? :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back