Posts moved from "I'm done" thread

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Morganna

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The posts in this thread have been moved from this thread as they are very off topic!

I had no idea we had so many youth fish keepers here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea we had so many youth fish keepers here!
Yah me either until I started the Home School support group... Found out that many here are still in High school! Really cool actually

What homeschool support group? Interested because I'm a homeschooler.

What homeschool support group? Interested because I'm a homeschooler.
Oh really? I'll add ya!
There is about 4-5 of us in there and while we're not ALWAYS active we are when someone just needs a place to talk...

Just started high school too. I've heard from many people the first year would be very hard, but it's been like 5 weeks in and it has been really relaxing.
I've always wanted a greenhouse! what are you going to keep in the greenhouse?
Not gonna lie I thought you were older. Connor, rocky and PKZ I knew were younger but didn’t realize you were too :) it’s great to see so much interest in a hobby like this

Just started high school too. I've heard from many people the first year would be very hard, but it's been like 5 weeks in and it has been really relaxing.
I've always wanted a greenhouse! what are you going to keep in the greenhouse?
Freshman year has been the easiest year for me. But once you reached Junior and Senior years, then it gets difficult, at least for me.

Not gonna lie I thought you were older. Connor, rocky and PKZ I knew were younger but didn’t realize you were too :) it’s great to see so much interest in a hobby like this
haha, i thought everybody knew from my carefree writing lol
Freshman year has been the easiest year for me. But once you reached Junior and Senior years, then it gets difficult, at least for me.
thanks, a lot of my friends are sophomores and they say it is a lot busier than freshman

Playing on a forum site like this
Just stay off that lawn and you'll be okay!

You can usually get a sense of who is homeschooled because of the timing - kids who attend school may be on a forum in the evening, but even if they're sneaking onto their devices at school, they tend not to have the chunks of downtime posters here have. One of my responsibilities at work before I retired was helping homeschooled kids who decided to go to regular school integrate and handle the ways of working and the social side of school, so I am a bit of a critic of the option.
I'm sure the young aquarists can spot who is retired, since we're on here like homeschooled kids. I would expect a site like this to have younger and older members, and not quite as many in between. Stats from the US show working adults have a lot less leisure time than a few years ago, and here in Canada it's certainly something I see with my kids and with the grads from our school. They work hard and don't have as much free time or disposable income to do things like fishkeeping. Just the cost of housing alone is tough.

Yah. I'm homeschooled and my mom knows I'm on here..
She thinks it's really nice cause it's a somewhat safe online place to socialize and learn about how to care for my aquarium or if I need help I can come here....
So she is supportive with this.
The only thing she doesn't know is the PMs 🤣

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back