FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

england

channa aka snakehead
Reaction score
25314654ac74cd5m3t.jpg

Also your set up's and what's in the tank inc plants etc.......Any advice you seek post here and the growing channa lover's group will help as much as possible...

nelly---<1>channa keeper

Nelly's CHANNA ORNATIPINNIS

Tank rio 125...<A side note to remember, ensure tank has a good tight fitting lid, all holes to be blocked prior to keeping these beauty's..escape artist's so iam told..

occupants-- 1 male / 1 female approx 5inch's...

Rock's / slate / bogwood / plastic plant's /
Live floating plant's--- frogbit / duckweed / salvinia minima.....

Temp is at 20-21c at present, This tank requires no heating as these are sub-tropical....
Filteration is the standard jewul internal filter with angle pointing down towards the ground so the top is like a mill pond...

Water change's with these guy's are very minimul as and when required only<if test's come back negative>Even then only preform 10%...

Feeding these guy's dried meal-worms from wilkinson's, garden centre's also some pet shops, blood worm's took a while but got there in the end and loved them, also garden worm's.....Frozen blood worm work's well so iam told as doe's silverside's and prawn's shrimp etc :good:

The fry at present are chowing down deshelled brine shrimp egg's / very finely crushed pellets including dried meal worms which i ground to a very fine powder, also micro-worm's, tried them on crumbled tropical fish flakes last couple of day's and there happily taking these aswell

dumdeedum007.jpg

dumdeedum029.jpg

dumdeedum071.jpg

dumdeedum072.jpg

dumdeedum073.jpg

WHATADAYYYYY046.jpg

WHATADAYYYYY049.jpg

Wow! The parents must care for their fry for a long time! They certainly don't look like very tender parents! :lol:

BTW, beautiful setup and fish!

Thank's mate, These guy's have the best perental care of any fish ive ever seen, ive bred angel's,bristlenose plecs.guppies, and these guy's win hand's down, Even when the second lot of egg's came along they cared for both party's and the bigger fry left the new egg's then fry alone and all live in harmony, for a predatory fish they very plesent with there own blood so to speak.....It really is a wonderful exsperience watching these guy's go about there day to day life's :good:

I've got three types of Channa comprising of 6 Pulchra (waiting for a pair) 3 Assams and 3 Orientalis

The Pulchra are about 4 - 7 inches long now and were from the same batch and supplied to me by a member of this board, the tank is 48x16x18

The Assam and Orientalis are together even though they're meant to be kept in species only and in seperate temperatures, although Assams have thrived since the moved in there. They'll be split up this yr sometime when I get a couple more tanks

Assams
055.jpg

056-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

Pulchra
062.jpg

081.jpg

077.jpg

085.jpg

Orientalis
169.jpg

168.jpg

163.jpg

I could do with a decent camera, and some glass cleaner!!! lol

Nice pics Karl.....now get off your ass and snap the rest lol :good:

do you have an auranti?

stunning array......I Would love to see some more of the obscura :drool:
Iam waiting by the door for my channa delivery today, 2 pleuno now instead of three as the person iam having them from was netting them last night and one obscura jumped ship, what he did'nt realise was the cat snuck in behind him into the fish room, and BAMM it attacked at lighting speed and litterally sliced up the pleuno :crazy: so he had to put it out of it's misery :angry:
Oh well that's life.....still have a very good selection arriving :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back