Possible Sick Platy, Need Help.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Justin Shephard

Reaction score
First off I'm new to this forum, so hello to all!! :) I have had a 36g tank for about 6 months, with the platys being in there for about 5. I have one platy that has been sitting in the bottom of the tank all of a sudden for the last two days. I did a 50% water change a week ago and just tested the water with results including no ammonia, no nitrites, and close to no nitrates. It will come up and eat during feeding and then go back to the bottom. No other fish have been acting any different, I'm just not sure if I should start treating or wait to see. I dot see any gill or fin differences and no white spots. I have attached pictures of the whole tank and the platy in question. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I take a pic as I’m posting instead of out of my photo library. It seems to load better. Don’t get too close either.

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.
Can you do this on an IPhone?

Hopefully the quality wasn't cut down too much. But here he is and the whole tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1007.PNG
    IMG_1007.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1008.PNG
    IMG_1008.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1009.PNG
    IMG_1009.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 204
Still looking for some help. Water parameters are all normal. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and almost no nitrate. I’m fairly certain it is a male (not 100% sure though) he will come up to eat but then retreat back I to the planted corner. Everyone else is acting normal. It kinda looks as if he is gulping more than normal but it is hard to tell. I also can’t see him poop because he stays In the planted corner. Any thoughts are appreciated. I mostly want to know if I should pull him for early retirement or just ride it out? I fed them some pees and gave them a 2 day fast just to try something new.

Any chance you can make the pictures bigger and possibly post a short video of the fish interacting with the other fish?

You might have 2 males that are fighting and that one is weaker and being bullied.

I
Any chance you can make the pictures bigger and possibly post a short video of the fish interacting with the other fish?

You might have 2 males that are fighting and that one is weaker and being bullied.
ill try to post a video later. They have all been together for 6 months and never a problem. No damage to his fins and no one nips at him when he comes out to eat.

Attachments

• BD3ED4C9-C9A1-43FF-8F0C-6B8C46996DD0.jpeg
    BD3ED4C9-C9A1-43FF-8F0C-6B8C46996DD0.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 162

Most reactions

trending

Back