Possible Restart...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You are getting great advice from @Byron

I have to comment, though, that this is the first instance I've seen of well water being very soft...typically, well water is hard, or very hard, IME

My well produces what is known as "liquid rock"....600+ PPM, using a TDS meter...whereas my tap (municipal) water is around 105-110 PPM

Sorry if I missed it in this thread, but is your tap water softened?

You are getting great advice from @Byron

I have to comment, though, that this is the first instance I've seen of well water being very soft...typically, well water is hard, or very hard, IME

My well produces what is known as "liquid rock"....600+ PPM, using a TDS meter...whereas my tap (municipal) water is around 105-110 PPM

Sorry if I missed it in this thread, but is your tap water softened?
Not that I know of. I don't remember the people installing a softener for our water. But I can certainly see if there is a softener installed in our basement.

Second, the well water...have you ever tested it to see just what is in it? There could be iron which would slowly but surely kill the fish.
high levels of any micronutrient in water can cause fish to die if hey bt gets high. So in addition to getting more information of your well water you should always do a weekly water change. Fish waist adds minerals to the water that your plant may may not be able to remove. Doing a weekly water change will reduce these mineral levels.

high levels of any micronutrient in water can cause fish to die if hey bt gets high. So in addition to getting more information of your well water you should always do a weekly water change. Fish waist adds minerals to the water that your plant may may not be able to remove. Doing a weekly water change will reduce these mineral levels.
I do normal water changes of about 40-50% a week.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back