Possible Ich

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blur411

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought 5 female guppies at the only place I could find them near me, and once I got in the car I noticed they have white spots, which I assume is Ich. I have them in the bag still, I assume I shouldn't add them to my tank right? I don't have a quarantine tank at this time. I also can't return the fish....What should I do with them? I can go buy a quarantine tank (even though it really isn't in the budget ideally today, and get ich treatment and treat them...) I'm torn, because I really don't want to spend the money right now that I really don't have for a quarantine...but I also don't want to infect my tank

Tank size: 55 gallon
pH: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 10
kH:
gH:
tank temp: 78-82 degreesF

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): The fish I bought today, but are still hanging out in the bag have white spots (female guppies)

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 15% weekly

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: API stress coat and water conditioner

Tank inhabitants: 5 male guppies, 1 female guppy fry, 3 platties, 4 mollys, 5 yoyo loaches, 1 apple snail and 1 common pleco, live plants

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): none

Exposure to chemicals: none

Hi Blur - given that you posted yesterday, you'll have made a decision by now. Just for the record, I'd take them right back to the shop. Hope whatever you did worked out well for you!

Thanks, I was getting more responses under the general section, so went with that one. Anyways, the store would not take them back, they had a sign at the cash register that said no returns/refunds. So, I ended up getting a quarantine tank, and buying treatment...trying to treat them now in there. Thanks!

Bit rough to be sold sick fish. You're obviously incredibly caring to have done the whole hospital tank thing. Hope they recover super quickly!

Yeah me too hope the fish get healthy quick. All fish have ich to a degree but when they r stressed it shows and increases in level but it soon dies back down again. You can treat the water aswell but if not all the fish have the ich then try not to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back