FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

sidonkorok

Reaction score
hi! recently iā€™ve noticed my twin tail half moon bettaā€™s (his name is sidon!) fins look a bit more rugged than usual? i want to prevent any fin rot so i would like to know what the best products are to prevent this iā€™d appreciate any help! ADCC85D0-F1E6-4A8E-A659-B7DFBDB732D2.jpeg :thanks:

How much water do you replace
iā€™ll replace almost all of the water sometimes, today i cleaned out his tank entirely and rinsed out his aquarium rocks but i would say i take out 4 gallons regularly (5gallon tank sadly)

iā€™ll replace almost all of the water sometimes, today i cleaned out his tank entirely and rinsed out his aquarium rocks but i would say i take out 4 gallons regularly (5gallon tank sadly)
I'll let other members have an input into your problem

Make sure your tank has a neutral natural base in it plant your system to between 30-50% of its volume. we don't need filtration as he is a fighter. What we do need is to make the tank stable and remove as much chemical as possible. If you use water conditioner fine but only change 25% of the water the plant will act as a biological filter. We would like to see the water slightly acid, this will help to covert the fish waste into something non toxic. Alkaline/hard water is not ideal for fighting fish and can cause fin decay.

It doesnā€™t look like fin biting to me. Usually chunks are taken out in that case. Do daily water changes of 70% for 10 days and add dissolved aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per every 5 gallons the first day. Second day and on add 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt for every 5 gallons after 70% water change. If things donā€™t improve after 5 days, try a bacterial medication such as Furan-2. :)

It doesnā€™t look like fin biting to me. Usually chunks are taken out in that case. Do daily water changes of 70% for 10 days and add dissolved aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per every 5 gallons the first day. Second day and on add 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt for every 5 gallons after 70% water change. If things donā€™t improve after 5 days, try a bacterial medication such as Furan-2. :)
And so that won't harm the fish I assume

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back