possible fin rot? or more?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

danae

Reaction score
Ive been away at uni for a few months and my family has been taking care of my betta. they sent me a video of her today and it seems like her fins are breaking. is this just fin rot? if so what should i treat her with?
79875-6362afc62e184f2d962a167a2aa4f420.jpg

Attachments

• 57703409832__E511EFBE-78C9-4BB0-B1D9-683F12FCA642.jpeg
    57703409832__E511EFBE-78C9-4BB0-B1D9-683F12FCA642.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
I would be more concerned about the belly and body shape than the tail.

I would say the fish has a growth in its body that is causing the swollen belly, bent back and general poor health, including clamped tail.

Check the water quality and maybe do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if that hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

If the fish is still eating, vary its diet.

I don't think there's much you can do apart from keep the water clean and when the fish stops eating, euthanise it.

i posted about her body shape a month back when it first popped up, the person who replied told me it was a tumor or a cyst. if that is whats causing her fins to break is there no medicine or anything that i can treat her with to help with that?

If it's a tumour or cysts there's nothing you can do except keep the fish comfortable and euthanise it when it stops eating.

When tumours/ cysts get big, they put pressure on the other organs and reduce circulation. The body's immune system deteriorates and eventually the fish dies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back