Possible bristle nose eggs ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Gemma-maree

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New to this ! Can anyone please help ?

min the last couple of hours Iā€™ve noticed bright orange eggs that I think are bristle nose eggs but everything Iā€™ve read say the should be in a cave? Mine are just chilling out in the wide open and have no idea if they are fertilised or not yet no one seems to be ā€œguardingā€ them like I read a male would. Is there anything I should do to help these eggs survive I have multiple bristle noses and couldnā€™t actually tell who laid them ? does anyone have any advice I can upload pictures of that helps anyone ! Thanks in advance:) also do I have to be on guard of my fish eating these eggs ?

Attachments

• 58FE5A64-AA4A-40B1-959D-AF11484765E0.png
    58FE5A64-AA4A-40B1-959D-AF11484765E0.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
These look like pleco eggs. I would take the eggs out if you want to save them. If they aren't in a cave with a male guarding them they might not be fertilised. Most fish will eat these eggs as soon as they find them. What other fish do you have in your tank? If you want to breed plecos you should get a couple of caves.

Thank you for your reply :) I have 2 small baby angel fish neons and minnows and snails along with 6 bristle noses. I did get worried and have placed a hollow log over them and my male has gone in and sort of gone over top of them and wiggled them round he was actually sitting close by but not right with them and I didnā€™t notice him when I first posted do you think I should still leave them since Iā€™ve placed a hollow log over them for protection

Take the eggs out and put them in a separate container, fry net or the like, with air and a heater. Sometimes the male will not let the female in the cave and she will get frustrated and lay the eggs outside the cave. Sometimes the male actually kicks the eggs out unintentionally. Any other fish in the tank will eat the baby plecos, even large guppies. If you want to breed them definitely get a cave or two for him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back