Poorly Platys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ami-Jane

Reaction score
Afternoon all, hope everyone had enjoyed the Easter break. Been having a few problems with my tank. Purchased two baby platys from a lfs and lost both within the week. Tested water and all parameters are fine. I believe they may have brought something into the tank unfortunately. Noticed a few grains of white spots on my orange and black platys on Wednesday and with flashing behaviour from others. Treated tank with esha white spot and gdx. Day three for the treatment was yesterday. My red and black platys have picked up but my Hawaiians are still not doing well. Resting on bottom of the tank, rapid breathing, clamped fins, still flashing. Started using esha 2000 in case of secondary infection. Again water parameters are all fine, no spikes. They are still feeding ok but then go back to resting on bottom of the tank. Also noticed white tiny specs on glass but I am assuming these are pods. Shall I continue with the esha 2000 or any other recommendations please?

Sounds like ich especially if you can see the withe spots with that being said I’m sure fluke worms have similar symptoms minus the white spot @Colin_T will be able to help more.

The white spots have now gone since Wednesday, you want pics of them at the bottom of the tank?? Closest I can get at the moment. I've turned tank lights off to reduce stress.

Attachments

• PXL_20210405_193334854.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210405_193334854.NIGHT.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 45
Just an update today. All have been keen to eat. Can not see any white spots on any any more but still some flashing against the plants and gravel and the Hawaiians are still preferring to stay in bottom with rapid breathing. Gave another dose of Esha 2000 and gdex. Am I right to continue? Would be nice to get ideas please

post pictures and video of fish

read post 1 and 16 of following link for more information on white spot

I've managed to get a couple of videos but it's saying they are too large for the server is there another way I can load them up??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back