Poorly betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Hiya, sorry for such a late response but I have been working around the clock with my fish tbh (finding it really tough atm tbh cost and time and starting to become exhausted if im honest just trying do best by them and keep them alive and coming under heavy criticism from family members who frankly don't understand why I don't just get rid of them.. not very helpful)..
Alongside treating this fish I had a tank of fry that until recently were flourishing(his babys)and then started dying off last week n half and for life of me could not work out why, parameters on all my tanks as are temps etc are all spot in (to point of obsession now with sicknesses).. but today I spotted green hydra in with my fry so now they r in a tub while I'm trying to raise temp in tank to kill it (can't get it above 30c atm and need to be 40c).. do alongside this my boy has hung in there.. following some advice I treated him with blue meth bath with salt every other day and could see a highlighted light blue pigmented areas after treatment so I added love fish anti fungal and bacterial treatment to his tank cus I cud see he was so sick and seemed to make him worse and I then read some terrible reviews online about this product even an news article slating store for still selling 'poison' which so many had reported it wiping out entire tanks of their fish as its ingredients basically sedated and euthanises fish, I choose to remove him and and to by hand cus as he was collapsed on the bottom, I put him in a tub with water from a good tank with mild airston and heater and he came round but is still sick..

I have noticed bits of fin in his water and he is so very thin as he is not eating, after few days in a tub I decided to put him back into a tank but not his as the meds may still be in tank (done water changes and carbon filter) so I moved things around to put him into another tank I know is good and he goes sick again..slumps over and becomes lifeless, he picks up wen I do blue meth bath and thinking maybe increasing frequency cd help.. he seems to deteriate in a tank, seems to be less sick in a small tub floating in tank and I keep sprinkling water from tank in with him...no idea why and I'm at a loss wat to do for him, going to ring my vet to try get meds but can't now till Mon... ur thoughts are appreciated..

Hi, sorry youā€™ve been struggling. šŸ™ Sounds like heā€™s still pretty much in the same place of old age vs internal infection vs dropsy. I think a vet visit is your only hope at this point. That would be if itā€™s the infection. If itā€™s either of the other two there might not be anything you can do. Hang in there and let us know what happens.

Hi, sorry youā€™ve been struggling. šŸ™ Sounds like heā€™s still pretty much in the same place of old age vs internal infection vs dropsy. I think a vet visit is your only hope at this point. That would be if itā€™s the infection. If itā€™s either of the other two there might not be anything you can do. Hang in there and let us know what happens.
Hiya, he died not long after tbh.. still very sad about it tbh but tried my hardest n no more I could have done šŸ˜¢

Oh sad news. Sorry to learn about this.
In case you choose to get another Betta-fella, think to 100% waterchange before adding him ;)

Hiya, he died not long after tbh.. still very sad about it tbh but tried my hardest n no more I could have done šŸ˜¢
Sorry for your loss šŸ˜„ Iā€™m sure he appreciated your efforts

Most reactions

Back