Poorly baby brittlenose

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

naynay20

Reaction score
I purchased 2 brittlenoses on Saturday from Pets at Home. One is very active the other (pictured) is very shy and hides away.
Today I noticed golden barbs pecking at him while he was motionless on the gravel.
I took him out of the tank and have now put him a newer tank with just minnows and shrimps.
I am not sure what has happened to him. Now he is playing dead when he sees me come up to the glass, upside down and on his side.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 9A6F0878-150B-4722-B675-43E7A500EB1E.jpeg
    9A6F0878-150B-4722-B675-43E7A500EB1E.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 7AE99755-07FA-4D4E-A732-6B111422DD61.jpeg
    7AE99755-07FA-4D4E-A732-6B111422DD61.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 77
He looks to me as tho he has reacted badly to the move from the shop to your place did you check that the two tanks were similar. And did you introduce him slowly.

Hi! Yes nice and slowly. The other is so active and very funny on the glass. This one just seems really poorly. Not sure if he’s ready to go to fish heaven and thats why the other fish were nipping.
Thinking back, the assistant was a bit hesistant to sell him and had to go and ask some advice before coming back saying its ok - not sure what that was about though! I’m hoping its a case of settling into a new tank nicely with no crazy fish (not that I ever thought golden barbs were agressive, but then again I saw one of my glowlight tetras swallow a 5/7 inch shrimp whole not so long ago!)
Any threat of white spot?

Wouldn't think so, this is just one sad fish. On that note, always pick the fish you want never let the assistant pick a fish for you. Choose the fish carefully, so you get the healthiest fish in your tank.

He could also be getting used to his surroundings.
I brought 2 dwarf loaches and for days 1 was out and the other hid, i thought it was gone.
I found it hiding about 4 days later so knew it was ok. A day or so later there both out together.

Let him get used to his new home for a lil while

The white spots may be him trying to camouflage with the gravel. (As your gravel is black/white)

Do the spots look fuzzy?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back