Poor Red - Someones Eaten His Tail!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

les_251181

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Someone in the tank has eaten Reds tail.... he's still pretty.

But anyway, tail non the less, here is Red, the latest addition to my stock.

red2.jpg

if u have a school of neons or fin nippers i not surprized munch munch ahh i do like betta tail munch munch

ah. well, i've got 2 types of tetra - so they might be to blame.

have also got some swordtails, 2 molly, a baby black red tail shark and a clown loach.

the guy in the store we got Red from said that he would be fine with the rest of the gang.

I could've moved him into the smaller tank, that has neon tetras (they're tiny) but it's got an xray tetra and 4 harlequin tetras.

what to do what to do.

that said the smaller tank did have guppys in as well as the tetras and their tails remained intact.

do you think he'd be better off in there? the current in the smaller tank is much les too, so he might not hide as much.

To be honest he would be better in a tank of his own. Being nipped at constantly is going to stress him out big time. If you can get a small tank for him that would be ideal. IMO.....Bettas do not do well in commuity tanks despite what the fish shops may say.

i will try and get hold of a new smaller tank for him.

thanks for the advice

will his tail come back? he's got left what appears to be like stripped feathers if that makes sense?

i've just enquired about a new tank for him. am getting a new tank on friday but obviously will have to cycle it. i will get some meds for fin rot just to keep him right.

i've got a fry net, reasonably large, would he be better in there do you think or will i leave him be until the new tank is sorted?

Here is something that will help you:
Get a small plastic basket with small holes and float it in the tank, put him in the basket so that he will benefit from the space, the water quality and being in your tank. He will be able to move around but the tetras won't reach him.Good luck!

Have just put a fry net in, it's quite large and have put a bit of foliage in there and then put Red in. I have to say he goesn't look overly happy and has taken to sitting/lying at the bottom of the fry net.

think he may be overstressed?

will leave him in there in the dark and see if he settles back into his usual routine of surface patrol.

Most reactions

Back