Pooping Black Molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishFry420

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just got a male black molly earlier today and it is pooping so much, Im a beginner at owning a fishtank but I have the basic setup 20 g tank, filter, heater, decor. I have had the tank and 4 other fish for about two weeks now and got three more today (the black molly and two guppies (one female)). Anyway the black molly has been pooping a lot and I noticed because I havent really seen my other fish poop? I sit by the tank and watch them pretty often .

Wondering if this is normal? If not what could be causing it/what can I do?

Livebearers like mollies and guppies poop a lot. It's normal :)
I'm surprised you've never seen the others poop that much lol.

Make sure that you have enough females for the mollies and guppies so that the males do not pick on just one female. It can cause alot of stress on them.

If they eat a lot, they poop a lot.

The only time you need to worry about fish poop is if the poop is white and stringy. Stringy white poop means the fish has an internal problem.

Hi Everyone. I just got a male black molly earlier today and it is pooping so much, Im a beginner at owning a fishtank but I have the basic setup 20 g tank, filter, heater, decor. I have had the tank and 4 other fish for about two weeks now and got three more today (the black molly and two guppies (one female)). Anyway the black molly has been pooping a lot and I noticed because I havent really seen my other fish poop? I sit by the tank and watch them pretty often .

Wondering if this is normal? If not what could be causing it/what can I do?
Mollies and guppies can breed creating muppies

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back