Pondering 75 gallon addition

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So another one of my acaras past away a few days ago (I believe there was something wrong with his brain as he was behaving very strange, would swim very weirdly, and wouldn't eat). All the other fish are doing great though especially Jellybean, the PB parrot convict I added. He is 2-4 times smaller than the severums and EBAs, but doesn't get picked on.

Tank dimension is 48" x 18" x 20"

Anyways, I decided I did not want to try blue acaras again as I am happy with the two EBAs. My severums are very friendly, only the bigger one sometimes chases the smaller one. Not sure what else I can try. I would add two more of Jellybeans kind, but I am not sure if they grow 3.5" or 7" as I have heard many different replies. I have tried Rainbow cichlids, red tail shark, blue gouramis, but non of them worked too well. Anyone have any suggestions? Any other mild mannered cichlids?

Jelly beans are parrot fish?. I tried and tried to keep blue acaras alive they always just seem to self destruct. Have you thought about jewel cichlids. They come with a bit of a reputation, but if kept with Severums that are larger than them, they usually behave. Have a look at my post "Severums having fun" you will see a jewel cichlid in the back ground

So another one of my acaras past away a few days ago (I believe there was something wrong with his brain as he was behaving very strange, would swim very weirdly, and wouldn't eat). All the other fish are doing great though especially Jellybean, the PB parrot convict I added. He is 2-4 times smaller than the severums and EBAs, but doesn't get picked on.

Tank dimension is 48" x 18" x 20"

Anyways, I decided I did not want to try blue acaras again as I am happy with the two EBAs. My severums are very friendly, only the bigger one sometimes chases the smaller one. Not sure what else I can try. I would add two more of Jellybeans kind, but I am not sure if they grow 3.5" or 7" as I have heard many different replies. I have tried Rainbow cichlids, red tail shark, blue gouramis, but non of them worked too well. Anyone have any suggestions? Any other mild mannered cichlids?
Geophagus? I keep geophagus with my eba

Jelly beans are parrot fish?. I tried and tried to keep blue acaras alive they always just seem to self destruct. Have you thought about jewel cichlids. They come with a bit of a reputation, but if kept with Severums that are larger than them, they usually behave. Have a look at my post "Severums having fun" you will see a jewel cichlid in the back ground
I also have acaras and then my jelly bean (which is the name for my PB) is still small so I would try to stay more in the mild manner and possibly around 3-6 inches compared to 8-10 as I have 2 severums

Festivum cichlids, Keyhole cichlids, Firemouth cichlid, convict or Cichlasoma spilurum or sajica cichlid. Depending on pH and GH, maybe rainbowfish.

Blue, gold or pearl gourami. What happened with your blue gourami?

Your severums are probably both male if one chases the other.

Festivum cichlids, Keyhole cichlids, Firemouth cichlid, convict or Cichlasoma spilurum or sajica cichlid. Depending on pH and GH, maybe rainbowfish.

Blue, gold or pearl gourami. What happened with your blue gourami?

Your severums are probably both male if one chases the other.
My gh is 160 ppm and my kh is 0

I thought they were female as with the orange spotted males usually have squiggly lines while females don't, maybe it is too. young.

Would all the options work with the EBAs and my little jelly bean? I thought firemouths can be quite aggressive.. However the festivum, sajica, and blue eye cichlid look very pretty if they would go well! (obviously I would not get all three)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back