Pond snail eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
How long does it take for pond snail eggs to hatch? and should they be submerged or above the water I noticed when I changed the water in my snail bowl (lettuce always makes it smell fowl) I poured out some water and noticed this jelly mass on the side just below or above the water level. I put it just below but I'd like to know if this will drown them.

Thank you

Opcn

They must be below the water, are these ramshorns? I would imagine in a week or two you will have young snails. My P. Canulicata Applesnails would eat these eggs so watch out.

No they are just common pond snails (the kind that dont grow very big and infest tanks). Another one layed eggs below the surface of the water so I think I'm okay. I'm really looking forward to growing my own puffer food.

Opcn

Hey I am trying to do the same thing. So far I have them in a 10 gallon tank that isnt filled quite to the top. I havent seen anything that i thought might be eggs. What color are they? Ive had like 8 snails in there at one time for a few days. The only thing, I also have some shrimp in there that are laying eggs. I actually saw a few really tiny ghosties but Im not sure if they have lived. Do you know if fish eat these? I have a few fish in there now because I had no place to put them. The time-out tank, as it's called.. :D :D I'm also trying to create my own puffer food :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back