Pond Equipment

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i am just setting up a pond does anyone have advice on where to put the pump to stop it from getting wet or if the pond can get too hot.

i am just setting up a pond does anyone have advice on where to put the pump to stop it from getting wet or if the pond can get too hot.
you can make a little cover for your bubbler if you are afraid of it getting wet. i just put mine so that the bubbles will not splash back on it

if you have really good floater coverage, the pond will not get really hot. we had 110 degree f weather here and my pond was fine
edit: beach umbrellas help too

you can make a little cover for your bubbler if you are afraid of it getting wet. i just put mine so that the bubbles will not splash back on it

if you have really good floater coverage, the pond will not get really hot. we had 110 degree f weather here and my pond was fine
edit: beach umbrellas help too
yeah, i have a spare proper pond fountain i think it sprays water up but i was think im just getting an air pump and sponge filter so it will filter the water and oxygenate the water what filter and air pump do u use for Ur Pond and I'll try to cover it as much with plants. but can the fish overheat if it gets to hot.

yeah, i have a spare proper pond fountain i think it sprays water up but i was think im just getting an air pump and sponge filter so it will filter the water and oxygenate the water what filter and air pump do u use for Ur Pond and I'll try to cover it as much with plants. but can the fish overheat if it gets to hot.
i use one of those fountain pumps but i put it in the water and it shoots horizontally into the water.
yes they definitely can overheat.

i use one of those fountain pumps but i put it in the water and it shoots horizontally into the water.
yes they definitely can overheat.
so do you think i should use the fountain pump or sponge filter and air pump but the ponds only 80L and i don't want to much flow or i won't be able to see the fish and will covering the pond with plants stop it from overheating.

so do you think i should use the fountain pump or sponge filter and air pump but the ponds only 80L and i don't want to much flow or i won't be able to see the fish and will covering the pond with plants stop it from overheating.
Sponge filter is better, if you have an 80l pond, a sponge filter will not affect the water a lot, and you can still see the fish. pond plants help but whenever it is too hot, i recommend getting a beach umbrella and putting it on the pond. you can take off the umbrella when it cools down

Sponge filter is better, if you have an 80l pond, a sponge filter will not affect the water a lot, and you can still see the fish. pond plants help but whenever it is too hot, i recommend getting a beach umbrella and putting it on the pond. you can take off the umbrella when it cools down
Yeah I’ll whenever it’s to hot I’ll make shore I’ll put an umbrella over it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back