Poll: How Many Bettas Do You Keep?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have seen many members with signatures that have tons of pictures of their bettas, so i am just wo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-4

• 5-9

• 10-15

• 15+

• Total voters

AMS

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have seen many members with signatures that have tons of pictures of their bettas, so I am just wondering how many you guys keep.

I only keep one betta in a planted 10 gallon. I personally find them a rather interesting fish, but I cant see how anyone keeps like 9 betta bowls. :cough: Synirr :cough:

(Well I own a million different piranhas, so I guess its the same for betta keepers :) )

23 adults and two spawns at the moment. I just set up two more spawns and have some more adults coming this weekend. :D

Do you guys ever get tired of bettas? Once in a while I get tired of piranhas, I would think it happens even more with betta owner as 20+ seems to be the "norm" :crazy:

Damn 44 bettas Auratus!

15 currently, 5 more coming next week (didn't know my shipment from Indonesia had to go through Singapore first, lol... I thought they'd be here by now).
Those are my permanent residents, I also have 25 juvies left that I need to post on Aquabid, one guy who is just passing through and getting shipped off to his real home on Monday, plus however many extras the breeder included with my 5, I know it's at least one... then there are the 100-ish fry :lol:

....and that's just the splendens :blush:

Oh, and I do have other fish too, of course. It's not just bettas around here :)

Well, I actually keep around 30, give or take a few. Then I have sent out quite a few juvies from my November '05 spawn. Plus I have about 20 HM/NHM 3wk old fry... Plus I'll be getting two more in the mail soon, and I'll have a Plakat spawn soon. :good: How can one possibly get tired of Bettas...

Hey Synirr Can I See Some Of The Juvies?
You've seen them before, they're the same ones I took to the show and that I've been posting about for months :huh:

I had nine last week, 6 females, 3 males. Now I have 1 less female since one died of dropsy three days ago.

Had always wanted to breed 'em, and I've even separated two for breeding purposes, but just don't have the room for all the jars for when they all get bigger. :/ (not to mention I haven't exactly been able to find someone around here who has microworms)

I only have 10 atm. =) It feels good to do so few WC's a week... yes... 10 + 2 fry tanks is REALLY a few compared to earlier this year!

I'm going to be getting 2 pairs soon though, I can't wait for that! Especially since one of my boys is going off to be my Mom's office pet, and one of my girls is staying in a 10g at my Dad's house.

:D I got 11, and I love them all. I have now got a water change system, I do part changes every few days on all and then complete changes on dirtiest looking every few days! The only thing I get fed up with is I havent really got a proper space for them. Thought of converting a bit of spare bedroom but I like them in the kitchen and living room so I can keep an eye on them! Need to get another tank this weekend as latest one is in bowl and I think it distorts their beauty! (that was good phrase and only had one cup of coffee yet)

Most reactions

trending

Back