Poll- Are plecos cute, ugly-cute, ugly, or meh?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pleco cutness

• cute

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • ugly-cute

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • ugly

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • meh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this contest is for all fish specified as Tetras. In a future contest, we may include all types of fish especially "oddball" or unusual freshwater fish . We also will have a FOTM including all Bettas.
So hatchetfish wouldn't qualify, nor would pencilfish, darn.

Perhaps enter them in our "any fish" oddball contest coming up in a future FOTM

Reactions: SAC
Zebra Plecos are beautiful and cute and they stay small.
Some Plecos can grow to giant size which are not cute any more....LOL

Plecos are like little monsters - but they are great at helping keep a tank clean of algae and leftover food. They're ugly but have personality and uniqueness. Perhaps in the near future , I will run a Fish of the Month contest featuring Plecos -- there are some really colorful and interesting Plecos.

Meanwhile we are still accepting entries for our present Fish of the Month contest which is featuring all types of Tetras. If you have Tetras, we hope you enter the contest.
Will there be a FOTM for plecs anytime soon? I'd like to enter my little Gobbolino lol.

I chose ugly-cute, but I think what they really are is so bizarre looking that it becomes fascinating. My Bristlenose is a female (fewer bristles) albino (doesn't camouflage, so I can actually spot her) longfin (more graceful as she moves), and all of those traits help too.
Zeus.jpg

I've mainly had yellow/blue eyed bristlenoses (I have 6 of various ages). This group seems comfortable enough that they don't need to hide all day. If I come up to the tank they all come out from where ever they are and look like a bunch of bulldogs that are very happy to see me. I love them dearly. And so peaceful. They do, however, seem to poop as much as they clean up. Even a baby kitten is not as cute as a baby bristlenose.

Interesting would definitely be a good descriptor. For smaller ones, I would say that "cute" fits them perfectly. Where I work we've got some gold nuggets and sunshine plecs. Gorgeous little babes.
Plecos are unique...not really ugly, no really cute, they look a little prehistoric to me, like they haven't evolved as much as other tropicals. I keep ottos, don't have a pleco in any of my tanks.

Hey :)
You should have add something like : depends on pattern :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back