Poll- Are plecos cute, ugly-cute, ugly, or meh?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pleco cutness

• cute

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • ugly-cute

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • ugly

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • meh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My favorite plecos are clown but wow are they messy lol
Snapchat-934097988.jpg

I love my pleco, my BN is cool but I would love to get a zebra pleco one day.

I don't think cute is the right word for them - I've kept them in the past because they are interesting rather than cute. And their big bodies carry cool patterns and markings. If they were not so secretive I'd probably keep them again but took a vow years ago not to bother (apart from L095....)

I don't think cute is the right word for them - I've kept them in the past because they are interesting rather than cute. And their big bodies carry cool patterns and markings. If they were not so secretive I'd probably keep them again but took a vow years ago not to bother (apart from L095....)
Interesting would definitely be a good descriptor. For smaller ones, I would say that "cute" fits them perfectly. Where I work we've got some gold nuggets and sunshine plecs. Gorgeous little babes.

Plecos are like little monsters - but they are great at helping keep a tank clean of algae and leftover food. They're ugly but have personality and uniqueness. Perhaps in the near future , I will run a Fish of the Month contest featuring Plecos -- there are some really colorful and interesting Plecos.

Meanwhile we are still accepting entries for our present Fish of the Month contest which is featuring all types of Tetras. If you have Tetras, we hope you enter the contest.

Plecos are like little monsters - but they are great at helping keep a tank clean of algae and leftover food. They're ugly but have personality and uniqueness. Perhaps in the near future , I will run a Fish of the Month contest featuring Plecos -- there are some really colorful and interesting Plecos.

Meanwhile we are still accepting entries for our present Fish of the Month contest which is featuring all types of Tetras. If you have Tetras, we hope you enter the contest.
Are tetras just tetras, or are all characins fair game? @Fishmanic

Last edited:
I like the looks of the bristlenose plecos and just had to have one for my tank but he never comes out during the day. He does eat some algae but for the most part he is pretty lazy. My blue stream goby is a much better algae eater than my BN pleco.

Are tetras just tetras, or are all characins fair game? @Fishmanic
this contest is for all fish specified as Tetras. In a future contest, we may include all types of fish especially "oddball" or unusual freshwater fish . We also will have a FOTM including all Bettas.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back